So you’re planning to install a kitchen chimney pipe – that’s a great home improvement move! If you’re looking for more information about this structure before making the big project, then you came to the right place. We will help you to get all the information about the kitchen chimney and take steps to improve the kitchen.
Here, we’ll tackle everything you need to know about kitchen chimney pipes, ranging from the right pipe size to installation tips. You get all the information related to installing a kitchen chimney-
- Kitchen Chimney Installation Guide
- Kitchen Chimney Height Calculation
- How to Clean a Kitchen Chimney at Home?
Kitchen Chimney Pipe Material
When it comes to chimney installation, exhaust pipes play the most important role. At present, there are two kinds of exhaust pipes on the market in India: Aluminum and Plastic.
Chimney Aluminum Pipe
The flexible aluminum chimney exhaust pipe can reach lengths of up to 15 feet. In addition, this chimney is compatible with other brands of chimneys that have an air outlet size of 6 inches. Besides being the most effective, aluminum pipes are the most versatile and easy to use for sucking out smoke from the kitchen.
Chimney Plastic Pipe
The flexible plastic chimney exhaust pipe can also be used since it functions just like an aluminum pipe. It can reach lengths of up to 7+ feet. This chimney is also compatible with other chimney brands that have 6 inch air outlets. When it comes to sucking out smoke from your kitchen, flexible plastic pipes are also an effective job done.
Kitchen Chimney Pipe Size
One of the first things you have to be familiar with is the kitchen chimney pipe size. Making sure that you have the right-sized pipe will ensure the most optimum airflow in your kitchen. If the pipe is too small, then that defeats the purpose of having a kitchen chimney installed in the first place.
The average size of kitchen pipes ranges between 7 to 15 inches in diameter. Most residential kitchens will have 8-inch pipes for their chimneys, while those with bigger cooking areas will have 10 to 15-inch pipes.
- Chimney exhaust pipe 6 inch
Specifically designed to be used for kitchen chimneys, this 6-inch flexible pipe is also a flexible pipe. Silver and plastic materials are available in the market, Diameter is 6.3 inches, the Length is 3.3 Feet, and it has an expansion capacity of 10 feet. Before placing an order, please double-check the compatibility with the chimney exhaust size. It is suitable only if your chimney exhaust size is 4 inches.
- Chimney exhaust pipe 4 inch
Similar type Flexible Duct offers a flexible 4-inch pipe specially designed for kitchen chimneys. Its pipe size is Diameter is 4.3 Inches, Length 3.3 Feet and Expanded Up To 10 Feet (L x B x H). Its color is silver. Please ensure that your order is compatible with the 4-inch chimney exhaust dimensions before ordering.
Kitchen Chimney Pipe Installation
Now that you have an idea as to the pipe size of your chimney, you might want to know how to install a kitchen chimney pipe. Here are the general pointers that you need to consider.
- The first step is to determine the height where you will mount your chimney. Make sure that it is close to the cooking area, but still high enough to give you enough vertical clearance. Ideally, the chimney should not be higher than 30 inches above the cooking area.
- Once you have identified the ideal height, it’s necessary to mark the points carefully. These marks will speed up the mounting process later on.
- Now, we proceed to the actual mounting of the kitchen chimney pipe. While installation is generally easy, you must remember that different manufacturers have specific instructions as to the proper installation. It’s best to go through the manual to make sure that you won’t make a mistake along the way.
Which Pipe is Best for Chimney?
The material used for the kitchen chimney pipe should also be considered. The best chimney pipe is made of stainless steel, a material that’s known for being durable, corrosion-resistant, and offers excellent heat resistance.
In the case of heavy-duty or industrial purposes, galvanized iron sheets are a more affordable alternative. Other popular options include aluminum and PVC materials.
How To Chimney Pipe Cover
Your kitchen chimney pipe is very important for your kitchen kit. Because your kitchen chimney pipes look bad. To make sure that your kitchen chimney pipe will blend well with your kitchen’s aesthetics, here are some pipe cover ideas for your consideration.
- Traditionally, you may opt to have drywall installed over the pipe. This is ideal if you’re planning to renovate your whole kitchen.
- To make the most of the space, you may opt to have cabinets installed over the pipes for a more uniform look.
- The most common – and perhaps the easiest chimney pipe cover – is to have columns installed over it. These columns come in different designs to make sure that the chimney will be an eye-catching kitchen centerpiece.
- And if you’re on a budget, you can easily cove the chimney pipe by using paint. While you can still see the kitchen chimney pipe, covering it with paint and other accessories will make it more pleasing to the eyes.
How to cover chimney pipe in modular kitchen?
If you are worried about a modular kitchen to install a chimney. You can use a ductless chimney because it is installed without a duct pipe. Ductless chimneys simply recirculate the kitchen air once they are filtered out in there. You want to know more about Ductless Chimney.
The kitchen chimney pipe is just as important as the chimney because the air in the kitchen will exit through the pipe. When choosing a chimney pipe, its type and size should be considered. Chimney pipes should be given importance when decorating the kitchen.
Lastly, If you use a chimney pipe cover, it is a complete chimney pipe installation. The pipe cover is not as important as other parts of the chimney!